Middle and high school students from across PA ( Shiremanstown, Pittsburgh, York, Haverford, Downington, and Conshohocken), and Maryland (Freeland and Towson) will descend upon West Shore Christian Academy on January 18 for the West Shore VEX Toss Up Qualifier VEX Robotics Competition. Over 30 Teams will come together for a non-stop, action-packed day of competition where they will battle against each other with robots created from the VEX Robotics Design System. Participants will square off in the game VEX Toss Up, developed by VEX Robotics, Inc. and the Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation, leaders in educational and competitive robotics.
The West Shore VEX Toss Up Qualifier VEX Robotics Competition is one in a series tournaments supported by the REC Foundation and various national, regional and local sponsors. The competition season culminates each spring, with the top performing teams from local and state VEX Robotics Competitions competing against each other at the VEX Robotics World Championship which will be taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. At the World Championship, these exemplary teams will have the opportunity to challenge their top-ranked peers from other countries around the world, including Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- West Shore Christian Academy, Shiremanstown PA
- Brandywine Middle School, Downingtown, PA
- Haverford School, Haverford, PA
- Free State Robotics, Freeland, Maryland
- Sarah Heinz House, Pittsburgh, PA
- Tech Storm 4-H Club, York, PA
- Calvert Hall College High School, Towson, Maryland
- Central Catholic High School, Pittsburgh, PA
Saturday, January 18:
- 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Practice Rounds / Skills Challenges
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Qualifying Rounds / Finals
- 4:00 pm – Awards and Closing