Joining the WSCA team as the Assistant Director of Fine Arts is Miss Nina Blaszka. Nina is a recent graduate of Western Illinois University where she earned a Master in Music Degree in Oboe Performance. Previously, she attended Messiah College where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education. During her time at Western Illinois University she worked as a graduate assistant in Curriculum and Instruction, Orchestras, and Bands. While working in these departments, she was responsible for assisting with the marching and pep bands, setting up for concerts, coordinating events, designing promotional materials, updating website and social media information. While at Messiah College, Nina worked as an assistant secretary in the Music Department where she assisted in the coordination of the CPFJ Jazz Camp and the Messiah College Orchestra Camp. She also worked as a counselor for the Messiah College Orchestra Camp.
Nina's teaching experience includes working as a co-teacher for a Woodwind Methods Course, a substitute teacher for Music History and general music courses, a private oboe instructor, and as a teacher for the Music Appreciation Class at the Messiah College Orchestra Camp. She completed her student teaching at West Perry High School and Middle School where she taught instrumental lessons, general music classes, and co-directed the high school concert band, jazz band, and middle school concert bands.
- Nina at a Glance:
- Masters Degree in Music for Oboe Performance, Western Illinois University
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Music Education, Messiah College
First Year at WSCA:
- Graduate Assistant in Curriculum and Instruction, Western Illinois University
- Graduate Assistant in Bands, Western Illinois University
- Graduate Assistant in Orchestras, Western Illinois University
- Assistant Secretary, Messiah College Music Department