Angie Tonkin recently graduated from Liberty University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education. She completed the first of two student teaching opportunities at Oak Flat Elementary, part of the Big Spring School District, where she served as a primary teacher in first grade. Her second student teaching position was in Big Spring Middle School where she was a learning support teacher for seventh grade. During her college career, Angie completed a Biblical Worldview & Leadership Competency course through the Focus Leadership Institute in Colorado Spring, Co.
From 2013-2015, Angie worked with Open Arms Ministry as a speical needs aide. Angie also traveled to Jamaica in 2014 and 2015 to complete an International Teaching Practicum in MayPen. She is a recipient of the ILLUMINATE Grant from the Ron Clark Academy teacher training. While attending Liberty University, she was a Dorm Spiritual Life Coach and part of the RUF Campus Ministry Leadership Team.
Angie is an alumna of West Shore Christian Academy and currently attends Carlisle Evangelical Free Church.
- Angie at a Glance:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education, Liberty University
- Biblical Worldview and Leadership Competency Courses, Focus Leadership Institute
First Year at WSCA:
- Student Teaching in 1st Grade, Oak Flat Elementary
- Student Teaching in 7th Grade Learning Support, Big Spring Middle School
- Special Needs Aide, Open Arms Ministry