West Shore Christian Academy and its partner, Harrisburg Christian School, are operated by the Christian School Association of Greater Harrisburg. Our mission is to partner with families to develop, nurture, and equip students to positively influence the world for Christ.
West Shore Christian Academy will be the first choice among parents for Christian education (PreK-3 - 12) on the West Shore. Marked by its intentional Christian spiritual formation of students, rigorous as well as varied academic offerings, vibrant fine arts department, and a competitive athletic program; this vision will be actively supported by an administration that models servant leadership, excellent faculty, supportive parents, a visionary board of trustees, and an engaged alumni base.
- We provide opportunities for each student to make a personal profession of faith.
- We deliver an academically rigorous, developmentally appropriate education rooted in the authority of Scripture, the supremacy of Christ, and a Christian worldview that presents all truth as God’s truth.
- We assist students in developing knowledge and abilities that characterize a well-educated person and a love for life-long learning.
- We pursue Christ-honoring excellence in curricular and co-curricular programs and administration.
Importance of the Person
- We respect and value all persons regardless of gender, race, nationality, status, or position, because each person is created in the image of God.
- We provide students with opportunities for holistic growth and development.
- We assist students in identifying and developing their God-given gifts and talents for the glory of God.
- We celebrate the diversity of gifts, talents, and abilities found in our community.
Leadership and Character Development
- We disciple students toward a genuine, authentic, unshakeable, and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
- We model engagement in our neighborhoods, cities, nation, and world as we seek to love, serve and lead others.
- We are good stewards of our time, talents, and resources.
- We cultivate Christ-like servant leaders.
Significance of Community
- We intentionally partner with families, local churches, and the larger West Shore community.
- We cultivate a culture of accountability and responsibility.
- We practice agape love within the community and extend grace to others based upon the teachings of Christ.
- We voluntarily share our lives with each other, we care for each other, we rejoice and suffer together, we worship together, and we learn and grow together.
- We understand ourselves to be part of the global Evangelical church, and look for opportunities to engage with it through study, prayer, trips abroad, and welcoming members of the global church to our school.
- We have a robust international student program.
- We provide opportunities for students to experience a culture that is different from their own.
- We provide a robust foreign language program that enables all students to acquire an intermediate proficiency in at least one language that is not their first language.